The instructions in this guide are for rooting the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 on Android 4.0.4 build XXLQ5.
- Handset USB drivers ( you may install the drivers by installing Samsung Kies ).
- USB Debugging must be enabled.
- Samsung Kies and other software that accesses your phone must be disabled (such software can interfere with the procedure; use Windows Task Manager to be sure nothing is running in the background).
- CF-Root Kernel ( CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_LQ5-v5.6-CWM5.zip, 6.5 MB ).
- Odin3 1.85 ( Odin 1.85.zip, 199 kB ).
- Battery is charged up to 75% or more (to avoid interruptions during the process).
- Extract the contents of the
CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_LQ5-v5.6-CWM5.zipfile to get the file:
- Unplug the phone from the computer if it is connected.
- Turn off the your phone.
- Put the phone into Download Mode (hold the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until the screen turns on).
- Start Odin.
- Connect the phone to the PC using the USB cable (in Odin, a message saying "Added!!" will appear on the bottom left of the window).
- Click on the PDA button and select the file:
- Click on the Start button in Odin to start flashing the firmware to your phone.
- After the flashing completes, your phone will automatically reboot. You should be able to get a "PASS" message on the top left part of Odin (if you get a FAIL message or Odin gets stuck, disconnect your phone from the PC and close Odin, remove the battery from your phone, re-insert it, and do the procedure again).
- Once you see the Samsung logo on your phone's screen, you can safely disconnect your phone from the PC.